About Me

My photo
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Hello All I'm Sonya, I will share a variety of interests from fashion finds, reflections, spoken words and adventures along the way. SAT is ME...my initials :)...or you can identify it as Simplicity and Truth; which also describes ME! Thanks for taking a moment to experience SAT.

Sunday, October 16, 2011

To Refuse Counsel Is Unwise

 
Ecclesiastes 4:13. Better is a poor and a wise child than an old and foolish king, who will not be admonished.

Thought for the Day: To Refuse Counsel Is Unwise

Reflection for the Day: Sound Decisions Are Aided By Sound Listening

Solomon, perhaps referring to himself, speaks of the King who refuses to receive correction or counsel. The child, though poor, is in a better position than the King. To refuse counsel is unwise. A good listener positions himself to make sound decisions.

Regardless of your position in life you can yet learn from others. Don't reject correction regardless of who might offer it. Listen carefully to what is offered. It will aid you in making sound decisions.

1 comment:

  1. So true! It reminds me of something my pastor said once, "If you're not learning something new everyday, you aren't living" Im always open for contructive criticism so I can be the best me! Thanks for this post.

    ReplyDelete

SAT would love to read your comments....thanks for the view.