About Me

My photo
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Hello All I'm Sonya, I will share a variety of interests from fashion finds, reflections, spoken words and adventures along the way. SAT is ME...my initials :)...or you can identify it as Simplicity and Truth; which also describes ME! Thanks for taking a moment to experience SAT.

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Reflection for the Day: Growth Necessitates Change

Matthew 9:17. Neither do men put new wine into old bottles: else the bottles break, and the wine runneth out, and the bottles perish: but they put new wine into new bottles, and both are preserved.

Thought for the Day: The Old Me Must Die

Reflection for the Day: Growth Necessitates Change

When asked regarding fasting by the disciples of John he explained the importance of its role. Fasting aides in the destruction of the "old man" making room for the new creature to appear. There are traits within all of us that hinder the work of the Lord. Our growth can only take place through change. The old must die that the new might live.

Though your intentions may be wonderful, are you yet hindered by your past habits and nature? Through prayer and fasting insist on the destruction of the old nature allowing for growth through change. The Lord has a great future that awaits you but to receive it the "old man" must die.

2 comments:

  1. GIrl! I love your inspirational messages. You're right, it's important to continue improving the person you are. It's hard but I'm praying that I can be rid of some of my old ways. Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy you are enjoying the messages. It's a blessing to share.
    I think we should shed a piece of our old self daily!

    ReplyDelete

SAT would love to read your comments....thanks for the view.